Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Perspective of the Media *

1. I believe that media is very important in my life. It is important to me because I think without media, we won't know whats going on around the world, disaster wise, knowing us girls, we won't know the up to date gossip on some celebs. Aswell, fashion is a big thing for everyone, and our styles are greatly influenced by the media. Imagine what everyone would be wearing and what we would look like if we didn't keep up with the media.

2. The types of media that I am most passionate about, or is most important to me, is the radio, internet, magazines, and tv. I listen to the radio every morning, mostly about the news and what the weather is gunna be like, as well when im with my boyfriend, we listen to the radio. I am always on the internet, like facebook, or just searching some stuff, and I find out a lot of information just by going on the internet. Magazines, I find out all the gossip from celebs and other stuff. Usually from people magazine or cosmopolitan. As for television, I love to watch the news with my boyfriends mother, we always watch for up to date problems going on around the world.

3. I think that the media for our culture right now, isn't that great. People are too dependent on the media, to he point where it takes over their lives, so they aren't living their lives their way. Just based on what the media is. Technology now a days I think is great! But I think people are too dependent on it. People are creating technology, to do jobs at certain companies, so in the long run, people are going to be out of work, because technology is taking over. Personally, I think that there should be a balance of the two. I use media to keep in touch with the world, but I only do so to a certain extent. I don't want to know ALL of the gossip with celebs, but sometimes I do. I guess you can say I am balanced with my life and the media.

4. How do I feel about the ways teenagers are portrayed in the media? Do I think this is accurate? Why or why not? Provide examples from at least 3 different sources (TV shows, movies,music, etc.)

Teenagers portray themselves in many different ways in the media. Especially celebs. Teenagers have differnet styles, tastes, and interests. But some take it to the extreme. In high school, everyone is influenced by the media in many different ways. We have the goths, the rockers, the outsiders, the jocks, the girls everyone looks up to, the girls who get around, etc. and it is all influenced by the media in some way. Personally I think people are too dependent on the media for their own good. It's good that they have their own style and want to be different, but I think thats okay to a certain extent.

Celebs are big with the media. Everything they do is because of the media. They do some scandals because they want attention from the media, they dress certain ways for the grammys or any award show, to get attention from the media. But personally, teens that are celebs, are too influenced by their role model celebs. Some try to be like them, or get too caught up with their money, and media, that they do stuff they shouldn't be doing. Like Miley Cyrus. She got caught smoking, and it was released to the media, young girls look up to her, and she does this. Christina Agulera and Britney Spears used to be young innocent girls, but the media changed them into something people are disgusted by.


Media can really change you as a person if you let it take over your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment